A Moment with Black Tiger

We all experience it, I think. December moseys on in after Thanksgiving, all nice and casual. "There's plenty of time!" you think. Christmas is 3-whole-weeks away. No problemo.

And then it's December 19th and you find yourself frantically searching Amazon.com to find the perfect gift for everyone, grateful that you're an Amazon Prime member and that everything will arrive in 2 days or so. And by "you," I mean "me," of course.

This last week before Christmas has been back-to-back appointments, meetings, parties and commitments. Everything is traveling at break-neck speed (more so than usual), and there was one point when the Man o' the House looked at me and said, "You look exhausted."

I looked back at him and said, "You know what? I Am Exhausted. I think I'll sit down and watch Top Chef." And have a cup of tea.



Tea has been consumed by the gallons in my house - 99% of it by me. Old standbys and new arrivals. It's funny how out of dozens of new teas that arrive regularly in my house, there will often be one that grabs my attention and I become obsessed with it for days, even weeks, on end. This week, it was a Black Tiger that saw me through the mayhem. Hailing from Boulder, Colorado's Pekoe Sip House, Black Tiger is an organic black tea from the Blue Mountains of southwestern India (where tigers run wild, so they say).

Bold, wild, hearty, this tea does not mess around.

Exactly what I need.

I have no time to mess around. There are cookies and trees to be decorated. Cards to be addressed. Kids to play checkers with. Oh yeah - and work.

And what is that in the background? The slightest hint of fermentation, almost leaning into puerh territory.

Excellent.

Just a few days left. Enough time for the postal service and UPS to act as my personal fleet of reindeer.

I think Black Tiger may be my pet throughout the entire holiday. I'm going to need it.

Comments