A Minnesota Daydream Moment Part 1

I am having a bit of a love affair. Granted, it's a little unconventional, but I find I'm reliving sweet memories and devoting inordinate amounts of daydreaming to it. I must confess, I've fallen head over heels for Minneapolis - St. Paul. As luck would have it, I was invited to speak at a conference in October, and I jumped at the chance to get back there. 

Looking at the weather they're experiencing this week, I can see how it may be viewed as a challenge, but the Twin Cities are so much more than weather.

I love the collaborative spirit I find there. If you have a good idea and you're willing to put in the work, it feels like everyone is ready and willing to cheer you on and support your venture. Which brings me to my current musing. While in town, I was happy to discover I had a bit of free time, and I had some writing to catch up on. I reached out to Lilly, owner of Verdant Tea, to see if she and her husband would be around that afternoon. As it turned out, they had a staff meeting and training session going that day, but she gave me an extensive list of recommendations of where I might want to go. At the top of her list was Kopplins, a coffee house in a cool neighborhood in St. Paul


It was the perfect, cozy neighborhood spot to grab a bite and get the creative juices flowing.


And, no accident, they just happened to have Verdant Tea's Kombucha on hand. Pink Robot, no less! (Kombucha is a fermented drink made from tea. Some are apparently tough to drink, but Verdant Tea's is as refreshing as an Arnold Palmer!)


To make things even more perfect, they had a cheese tasting plate available with the most savory cheese, salami and cornichons!


In every nook and cranny, there was reading, writing, and collaborating going on. The creativity was palpable. This place embodied that sense of community that I always pick up on in this town. And it makes sense. After all, it was the owner of Kopplin's who first discovered Lilly and David's Chai at a farmers market and wanted to sell it in his own store. Those discussions led to the opening of Verdant Tea. 

If you're in St. Paul and are in need of a good cup of coffee (or kombucha) and a place where innovation thrives, stop by Kopplin's. It will be one of the best decisions you make that day. 

2038 MARSHALL AVENUE, 
ST. PAUL, MN 55104  
651.698.0457
M-F 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Weekends 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Comments